Okay, the cat’s out of the bag! Here is what happened with my visa:
But first, God: This week, God healed my knee when someone prayed for me! Shifted back into place as Andrea prayed for me and pain left by the time I got home that night! No crazy 2-month-long acupuncture needs! (I injured myself yet again at Ultimate Frisbee… Maybe you can pray for my knees haha)
I went to the Bureau of Consulate Affairs (BOCA, and a.k.a., the visa office) in the attempt to get my visitor visa upgraded for a student visa and found out two things: 1) I cannot actually get a student visa til I have been a student for four complete months, and 2) I had the wrong stamp from the airport. So yeah, couldn’t actually do anything with my visa until I got that changed. The lady at the visa office was like, “So can you go today?” which of course was not on the schedule, but she got me hooked up with the Songshan Airport at 10 am the next day (thankfully much closer than the Tauyuan Airport I had flown into)…
So, off to the airport I went. Miki and her boys (Caleb and Miki Bennet are my host parents and I live on the 2nd floor of their house) joined me and it was actually kind of a fun trip. A Mr. Chiu (“Chyoh”) fixed me up with a new stamp after disappearing with my passport for about 10 minutes, and that was it. Phew! One problem solved… Now I just have to go to school for four months! 🙂 I think I can handle that.
- Please pray for safe and easy travels for Michael G. (another 2-year resident with Envision:Taipei), who needs to fly to Hong Kong soon to get the right visa as well.
- Please pray for all interns to be able to do the necessary initial set-up things, such as visa stuff or health checks at the hospital, on time and in the right order.
- Please pray for conversations with the people who help us so that we can share Jesus wherever we go!
Some of you know that I have a good friend named MoMo that I met last time through a language exchange that we started when I first arrived in Taipei. MoMo is a Christian and goes to another church, so today I went to her church since I did not have worship team practice or a meeting today. It was so good to hang out again! 🙂 It is always a blessing to see an old friend.
- Please praise God for giving Mo the strength to lead worship at her church today, even though she has a cold. Please pray that she gets good rest and can do all she needs to do.
- Please pray for me to be able to go to her church more in the future… In March I cannot go at all! God has good timing for everything, so, probably rather thank Him for the good timing He has.
I am starting Chinese classes next week (March 6th) at a college called “ShiDa” in Chinese, and “National Taiwan Normal University” in English. Beforehand, I am trying to prepare by learning the first 5 chapters-worth of characters to be able to join the 2nd semester students. When I had my interview while registering, they told me if I felt able to, I could skip the first semester. So,
- Please pray that I can learn well this week, and that in the coming months I can catch up with the other students who have already learned all the first semester’s characters.
- Please pray for all Envision:Taipei students– there are quite a few of us taking classes or are privately tutored. Please pray for good comprehension, memory, and ability to produce the sounds we actually desire to make. 😉
Keep the Faith, Expectantly!