Today I will be doing some accounting business– According to my records, I am fully funded as of this week! Praise God!
The Christian Missionary Alliance (CMA), however, needs to be able to see where the money is coming from, so please pray for me to use good communication and diplomacy (haha) while I contact those who have pledged to give this term.
- Please pray that I will speak well when talking to all of my supporters!
- Please pray that all the records are set before January 16th so that I can keep my departure date (Jan 16th).
- Please pray for all the wonderful people supporting me, including Minnetrista Baptist, my family church who helped me get the last pledge I need! 🙂 Thanks!!
Different This Time
Many are asking me, “So, Skye, are you getting excited to go??” And I have to smile, because, of course I am happy to go. But at the same time, things are a little different for me this time. I know what to expect… I know how long a year away from family and friends really is… I know how odd it is to realize that things you remember happening a year ago really happened two years ago because you were not in this country for the last year.
I also remember the joy of seeing new believers fall in love with Jesus, and college-age students, who came to learn English initially, seeing a whole new breed of People who are part of a Kingdom they have never seen before. This Kingdom of Light can not be kept to ourselves! Not under a basket of family or a bed of comfort. It needs to be put up on a stand for all in the house to see.
What about you? Will you go out and let the world see your Light? Will you be the giver of the Living Water the world so desperately needs? If your heart is responding to these questions with a desire to go to the nations or to those in our United States, please visit cmalliance.org to learn how you can join in God’s mission to set things right in the world.
Two Important Things of Late:
I am so thankful to God for keeping me put in the States for the end of the year. This year we were able to get a real tree and I have been able to visit with my dear family and 2nd-families. 🙂
Mom and dad were both able to get real trees this year– a special treat! I have loved searching for meaningful gifts for my family and friends.
Last Day of Work!
I finished my time working at Head Start as a preschool classroom assistant yesterday. God gave me a couple of little blessings on my last day: came into this cute row of boots greeting me in the hallway, and before the day was over I got to push the kids on the swings one last time because it was finally warm enough to go outside again.
- Please pray for your family over Christmas this year. I know you know someone who does not have the Lord in their heart. Pray for the Holy Spirit to have his way in your family and mine!
- Please pray for the 4- and 5-year-olds from my classroom at HeadStart. Pray for the teachers as well: Jason, who needs to meet Jesus for who he really is and come under his authority, and Heidi, who is a Christian but who is more afraid of men than God
‘You who bring good news to Zion, go up on a high mountain. You who bring good news to Jerusalem, lift up your voice with a shout, lift it up, do not be afraid; say to the towns of Judah, “Here is your God!”‘
Let your light shine this Christmas!!
Keep the Faith, Expectantly!