Counting all gifts received and promised, I need only $197.85 more pledged per month to go back to Taiwan! Hallelujah! I am getting very excited. If I only count the gifts received, I need about $268.80 to go.
If you would like to give towards helping me get to Taiwan to serve, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook, LINE, or by text. I have made a whole page dedicated to helping you through the giving process called How To Support Skye, which you can find at the top of the page. Check it out!
In October: I am going to a mandatory training weekend in CO Springs for working with Envision. I am excited to see what they have to share about living in a cross-cultural context, sharing the gospel in another culture, and what healthy living means.
What am I doing now? I am in St. Cloud staying with my mom, and looking for a job. I am taking Spanish lessons with a teacher named Rafaela Fiallos online, and soon will continue a language exchange with Alexa, my Chinese teacher from Taiwan. I am super excited to keep learning and stretching myself in both languages. Someday I will be able to tell the gospel in all Spanish and all Chinese!
When will I return to Taiwan? I hope to have a start date of my Residency with Envision:Taipei in early January. I am planning this out with the leaders of Envision at The Aroma Church/Cafe and headquarters, and will keep you up-to-date with the latest info.
Important answer to a question you may not have thought of yet, but don’t worry, I have:
If you are wondering what will happen to the money you or your family has pledged already this year, it will be saved until the start date when I am actually in Taiwan. I do not have access to it right now, and the two year commitment starts when you began giving and ends at a two year mark. Thank you so much for believing in me and the Lord’s work in Taiwan! I am so overwhelmingly blessed by your generosity.
Today I found something in an international market that I have been missing without even noticing it: dried seaweed!! The salty, crispy, melty textured greens are a sweet reward today! 🙂
- Please pray for wisdom for me: I am contemplating on what God desires us to think about movies and their ratings and their content. I want to honor God with my eyes and my mind. A friend and I were talking about it together, and it made me realize that I really need to know where I should stand on this issue.
- Please pray for yourself on the above-mentioned issue. It is worth re-thinking if it means we need to stop doing something that is not honoring to God.
- Please pray for me as I am seeking employment. Pray for a good position that will be beneficial for both me and the employer for the short time I am here.
- Please pray that I adjust well here. Reverse culture shock is a real thing. 🙂 I am doing much better now though, than I did in Taiwan haha.
- Please pray for my sister C.–she is not feeling well.
- Please pray for my family and yours to know Christ and the depths of his love!
- Please pray for the rest of my funds to be raised at the right time and for good connections for me and all those who are supporting me. I want to honor them! 🙂
Take care! Special welcome to all the new followers of my blog. Thank you for being my prayer warriors! Paul said he coveted the prayers of those he wrote to… I definitely agree! I would argue that without prayer, missions is meaningless! Pray for the workers for the field… become one where you are! If I bit into that seaweed and it was mushy and not salty, I would be bitterly disappointed and disgusted. I want my life to be like a crispy piece of seaweed for Jesus. (*Best illustration used to date.*)
13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.
14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:13-16)
Keep the Faith!