It is a Saturday evening after dinner, and I am sitting in my kitchen listening to “Our Father” by Bethel because tomorrow I will be playing piano for the worship team. I have some exciting news! ::
- Please pray for my friend Chen Jie: She is planning on coming to church tomorrow to watch me play piano! I think that this is no ‘concert’ for her– I genuinely think she is interested in Jesus but is too afraid to admit it right now. Please, please pray that God touches her heart tomorrow with the worship, the message, and the people of God.
- Please pray for your church right now!! You never know when someone new is coming to ‘check out’ things, when in reality, they are coming with searching hearts, looking for eternity! This is where YOU matter most! Your witness of Jesus tells people if they have found what they are looking for… what every heart needs. Don’t let your guard down and forget to love your brothers and sisters in Christ or brush off a newcomer! They will know we are Christians by our love.
Today is my resting day, so I:
slept in til 9
hurried to the Aroma Cafe at 10 to pray and worship with Sandra, Alexa, and Sarah Mabee
forgot my sandwich when I was leaving Aroma, and therefore was late to Chinese lessons with Alexa that are held in my house
learned how to say birthday person and cut the first piece of cake and blow out a candle and … “I can play the guitar, but I can only play a little bit” (shòu xing1) (qie1 dì yi1 dao1) (chui1 dà zhú) (Wô kêyî tán ji1ta1, dànshì bú tài hâo.) 1 represents first tone, for those who know/care/are wondering… haha
walked to Chen Jie’s shop (take a right out of the apartment door, walk two blocks, on the right), where we were supposed to meet to go to the Aroma and get coffee. Her husband had to go out of the shop though, so she couldn’t leave the shop
came back home and took a beautiful nap for two hours
made chicken “for one” in our new oven
got on here…
Tonight I will:
watch a movie with Eva, Howard, Sam, and Alfie at Sam’s house
- Please pray for the country of Taiwan. I can feel that the Lord is preparing their hearts for his kingdom.
- Please pray for willing Christians to speak out their faith and that each new Christian would get a good foundation on Christ to start, but to go on to get ‘solid food’ and keep growing in their ministry and faith! Sadly, many churches are characterized by little growth… much like America. Pray for your own church too! Don’t get comfortable.
- Please pray for me to rest. You could say I’m addicted to living… I get up early and go to bed late and although it is a good life for me, I don’t want to get sick or something. Don’t worry, I’m not burning out; just want to stay healthy and honor God with rest.
Keep the Faith!
I’ll say it again: Don’t get comfortable! Someone here said that if God wanted us to be comfortable, he wouldn’t have called himself the comforter so many times. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you (James 4:8).
雅各书 4:8 Chinese Contemporary Bible (CCB): 你们接近上帝，上帝就必接近你们。有罪的人啊，洗净你们的手吧！三心二意的人啊，洁净你们的心吧！