Today I went to a park with my friend Rachel. She is another intern here, and it was a great time for us to share in our grief of moving and the laughter of sharing fun stories of travel and laughing about life here. It was great to go somewhere with grass and water and relax outside.
We sat on a bench side by side and worked on our respective work– I on my student evaluations I had to do for school, and she on a weekly schedule.
- Please pray for Rachel. She is feeling disillusioned about her schedule and her responsibilities here. Her schedule is very different than what she is used to keeping, and different than she would like, so please pray for her to adjust well and to become more flexible.
- Please pray for me to be able to involve all my students in class and get them to participate. Please pray for favor in my school.
- Please pray for me grieve in a healthy way, to be okay with grieving, and to rise from it each day, knowing that it is a stage I must go through, but that God will carry me until I am confident here.
This Sunday we had our first day with two services! Praise God! There will be more space to invite new people and grow as a community–before, it was tough to get everyone a seat, even the regular attenders.
Chris and the leaders at The Aroma Cafe (Steven and Jaime Chen-not Chris’ wife) are talking with a representative named Tony and looking at putting up new Aroma sites around Taiwan. There are a few potential places they have looked at, but nothing solid yet. Please pray for this! We want to spread the aroma of Christ, like it says in 2 Corinthians 2:14–
“But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.”
Chris and Jaime are thinking they want to partner with other churches that are already in existence, so please pray for these churches to spring up!
- Please pray for the right relationships with people who are interested in partnering with new Aroma Cafes!
- Please pray for discernment and wisdom, protection, and grace in making business agreements, contracts, and relationships. Pray that God gives Chris and Jaime and Tony eyes to see spiritual blocks or attacks and to guard their faith and their flock with Jesus’ help!
- Please pray for the preparation of the Taiwanese hearts to hear, understand, and take in the Gospel. Pray for salvations and for spiritually mature leaders.
- PRAY FOR UNITY AMONG BELIEVERS! This is always the most important witness, and yet we often overlook it. Please pray for unity among the church members here, among those in charge of the business parts of this change, and of anyone else involved or who will be involved.
Praise God for new growth! Today in prayer time at 10 (happens daily during the week, and I go to it at The Aroma Cafe), Cloud (assistant pastor of The Aroma Church) and I both saw a picture of growth happening for The Aroma.
I saw a tree that had armor on its branches, and it meant that The Aroma needs to have protection as it branches out with this new growth. Cloud saw a hand reaching out with a sword for protection, and then many more arms growing with swords too. We need to be on guard and ready to fight for the Faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is a battle, and although we are in a growing period, we also need to be spiritually equipped for the growth.
- Please pray for the armor of God to be on us daily as Tony, Chris, Jaime, and others make decisions regarding the franchise.
At home, Kennedy makes me smile every day. Justin and Brittany are a huge help in making this feel like a family and a home here. Michael loves to play video games and he is always fun to talk with. Andrea is funny and encouraging. Howard (Taiwanese) is a frequent visitor and always wants to play video games or watch movie. Lucas Bauman (fellow classmate from Crown) is also a frequent visitor, but has been traveling to the States a lot this month for weddings….
- Please pray for me to lift my eyes to Jesus. I am really sad right now. I know that my God will help me through this time.
“The voice of my beloved! Behold, he comes, leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills.” ~Song of Songs 2:8
Keep the Faith!
I know God led me here. I know he wants me here. So I want to be here for that reason. Listen to God, friends. There is peace in that.