God is so gracious. Exactly when I need it, he gives me rest. On Friday, my school celebrated Halloween… and although that may not be such a great thing, we just went trick-or-treating with my 1st grade class and watched a movie for my 6th grade class, which was good. It meant I got to rest.
Good news! Lesson planning is getting easier and easier. I have managed to decipher my 6th grade books, and I have learned how to make two empty pages pictures an entire lesson for my 1st grade class.
I finally have pictures of my classes for you to see! I have wanted to post some for so long but never got the chance until now because we had a group photo time.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, I have the day off (I only work Monday and Wed-Fri), so I think I will go exploring. I went exploring a little yesterday (Sunday), but I did not have much time between Skypeing my mom and a professor at Crown (Prof Brath) and the worship team small group at 4. Here are a few pictures that give you a small idea of what Taiwan is like (I took these photos with the aim of hopefully using them for drawing later, so they are not exactly photo material, sorry):
Thank you for your prayers!
- Please pray for my weekends. Right now days off and weekends are actually the hardest for me. I get through the week and then I think about all the time I have left.
- Please pray for me to be able to focus on the present and trust God with the future.
- Please pray for Christians who struggle with homosexual thoughts. Many of them hate themselves if they have ever tried to ‘change’ themselves and failed. Many of them hate God if they still believe in him. Please pray for those who have made a stand to allow God alone to help them follow His commands. They are among the strongest people on earth.
- Please pray for Taiwan. It is dark here. Pray for people to rest in Jesus– many people work an unhealthy amount of time to get ahead and get more.
- Please pray for Burma. Things are shifting and changing there, and there are still so many people being persecuted and killed because of their ethnicity and faith in Jesus or false gods. Pray for wisdom for leaders and pastors and for more workers in the harvest!
This is all I know, if anything: God is good, the devil’s a liar, and prayer still changes things. Thank you for praying! Keep praying for missionaries!
Keep the Faith!