Bonnie and Jennifer are both coming to coffee talk tomorrow (your Friday morning)– pray for God to shine light into their lives and hearts. They are co-teachers at my school (Jennifer is with me in my 1st grade class), and bless the kids with their time and patience. They see the kids more than twice as much as I do during the week, so pray that God touches their hearts and makes the Gospel make sense to them. They would be such a great witness to the kids… for years to come!
Today was a beautiful full circle of God’s truth coming alive.
Woke up with good intentions of practicing piano, and was hopeful for a good day, praying that God would help me put him first. But… someone was in the prayer room so I could not play… I was ‘forced’ to sit and actually do the thing I had prayed for… I was annoyed and then I was sad. Definitely not a picture of genuinely wanting to put God first.
- Please pray for me to live unselfishly, genuinely giving my first and best to God.
The leaders of the Aroma and I and a couple other people pray at 10 each morning, and today’s focus was on Psalm 27, and these verses were what I needed today:
13 I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
God turned my heart around and helped me to trust him and deal with my disappointment. I needed to wait for the Lord. I was letting something as small as a let-down of intentions define whether or not I would have a good day, and I prayed, “God, please forgive me. Help me to really put you first. Help me to wait on you.”
Sometimes, God has us wait for a while.
- Please pray for a prayer night here. I would like to have prayer meetings regularly! Pray for a hunger to pray more and more!
- Please pray for Johnny and my other students to taste and see that the Lord is Good! Pray that they would feel loved by God through me.
- Please pray that I figure out how to put God first each day.
- Praise God… for his faithfulness.